The Blog Farm

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

And the winners are.....



Here are the results of the great pumpkin weigh-in:

In the family category, we have son-in-law Dan as our 1st place winner. His guess was 162 lbs. Dan, you win $25.00!

Our 2nd place winner (and our youngest winner)  is my great nephew Bradyn. His guess was 172 lbs. Bradyn, you win $10.00!

In our friend's category we have our 1st place winner as the lovely Kerri Thoreson. Her guess was 152 lbs. Kerri, you win the satisfaction of being the closest guess in our friend category : )

Our 2nd place friend winner was Keith Allen. His guess was 167 lbs. Keith, you win the satisfaction of being the 2nd closest guess in our friend's category : )

And the real weight is............. 158 lbs!

Not as big as we had hoped but we doubled in size from last year's pumpkin. I'd say that's not too shabby for our 2nd year of growing them. Next year we will shoot for 200 plus.

Thanks to everyone for participating!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Here's my "science" for the guess. Exactly double the weight from last year which happened to have 52 from the year of my birth, too. (1952) Which makes me 58, so I should have guessed 158lbs. LOL! Beer Garden bragging rights ... I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing. Did you carve it?

    ReplyDelete