The Blog Farm

Monday, June 21, 2010

Vitamin D please!!!

I have not had time to post lately as I just started a new job and I'm still doing the farmer's market as well. Quite frankly, I'm just too tired to write....so today is a mostly picture blog kind of day...plus the rainy weather has me a bit down in the dumps...I'm a summer kind of person and today is SUPPOSED to be the first day of summer. These shots were taken about a week ago. We have had pretty much nonstop rain and cooler temps for way too long...As a result, things are moving slow in the garden and some of the veggies are kind of yellowing and waterlogged....I held off transplanting my peppers and other sensitive plants and I'm glad I did!

This quote may ring true once in a while : "Rain in the spring is as precious as oil."...Chinese Proverb. Ummm....but I say we all pray for sun... I need some Vitamin D please!


























6 comments:

  1. I'll glady trade you some heat and humidity for a half inch of rain, although I imagine it's rather frustrating in your position to have the cool weather. Hopefully things will look up soon in the weather world. I love the puppy nose in one of the greenhouse pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're enjoying your new job! I can't believe you still have so many plants in your greenhouse. I would be beside myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ribbit...that is my gardening pal "Buddy"....he is always under foot in the greenhouse lol!

    I would glady take some of your heat and humidity : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Thomas, a lot of those plants in the greenhouse are for the market and yes many are still to plant in the garden...as soon as the weather cooperates : ) And yes I am beside my self lol!.... but I guess you can't mess with Mother Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe all this. You go, Bent Family.

    ReplyDelete